What To Wear
Check out my Milwaukee Mom article about what to wear for your family session here
Start with yourself!
- find what you want to wear and use that to style the rest of your family.
ARMS: avoid thin straps or strapless tops
MIDDLE: opt for A line tops/dresses, choose statement necklaces, earrings, or headbands to draw eye up
LEGS: choose a flowy dress, wear a wedged heel
Layering clothing helps any insecurity.
Things To Look For
- items that have movement i.e. dresses, shawls, cardigans, etc
- One Print. Try to have one person in a print, and the rest in solid colors. If you have very small patterns, mixing two prints is okay.
- Use a color wheel to find matching colors
- Minimal white. Your eye is drawn to the brightest part of the photo. Lots of white will distract from the photo.
Things To Avoid
- Neon colors (they will cast that color to your skin)
- Large Logos
- Beat up sneakers. Barefoot is always an option!
- Two people in the same color top
Where To Shop
l have found these stores to have a great variety as well as a great return policy. I advise planning your outfit a month in advance.